All donations will be used to purchase advertising on radio, television, bill boards, and campaign literature printing. We are asking that you donate $25.00 or more. Any donations greater than $200.01 will require reporting your name and the amount donated. Donations less than $200 will remain anonymous. If you cannot donate $25 at this time, any amount of $5 – $20 will be greatly appreciated.
Make check payable to:
Committee to Elect John H. Jones, Jr.
1427 Woodfield Drive
Jackson, MS 39211
Call 601-497-4799 to donate by credit card.
He is seeking the office of mayor in order to make Jackson the great city that it can and should be. I want to improve neighborhoods, increase economic development, and increase the tax base by providing incentives for people to live in Jackson.
- Infrastructure Development
- Neighborhood Development
- Public Safety and Security
- Public Information System
- Metropolitan Wireless Mesh Network
- Economic Development
- More Aesthetically Appealing City
- Unified Plans and Vision
- Revitalize Parks and Expand Recreational Programs
- Public Education in the City of Jackson
John H. Jones Jr. is a native of Thornton (Tchula), Mississippi. He grew up in Flora, in Madison County. He is a graduate of East Flora High School, Class of 1974 (Salutatoriate).
- Post Doctoral Studies (2006) Executive Leadership Institute, Tempe, AZ
- Ph.D. (1997) Educational Administration/Administration of Higher Education, School of Education, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS
- M.S. (1989) Education/Technology Management, School of Science & Technology, Jackson State University
- Post Baccalaureate Studies (1988) Hazardous Materials Management, School of Science & Technology, Jackson State University
- B.S. (1988) Industrial Management, Cum Laude, School of Science & Technology, Jackson State University
- Wildwood North and Sun Valley Neighborhood Association – President
- Harmony House, Inc. – Board of Directors, Wheeling WV
- Instructional Technology Advisory Committee – The West Virginia Governor’s Office
- Laughlin Memorial Chapel Board of Directors
- Leadership Wheeling – Class of 1998 – Wheeling Area Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Wheeling Alumni Association – Board of Directors/Steering Committee
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Rotary Club of Wheeling, WV and Rotary International
- Wheeling Area Chamber of Commerce, Wheeling, WV
- Wheeling Catholic Elementary School Board, Wheeling, WV
- City of Jackson – Cable TV Advisory Board
- Community Access Producers & Viewers Association – President